eZ Platform Discussions

Content Type's draft is locked

Hello,

I’ve been trying to install, configure and use EzPlatform for about a month now.
I just ran into a new kind of problem never seen before:
When I try to edit 2 of my ContentTypes, their drafts are locked by either me or my coworker.
I couldn’t find a way to unlock them listed here or on Google.

The notification error message is: “Draft of the Content Type ‘Category’ already exists and is locked by ‘username’”

How can I fix this?

• is there a command I could run?
  • a table I could update?
  • or a way through the admin panel itself?

Both me and my coworker have admin roles.
EDIT:

• we’re using EzPlatform v2.5.1
  • I had the migration bundle installed for a week but then uninstalled it because it didn’t work for my use case
  • I have the enhanced relation list bundle installed.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @MortisQc!

There is something wrong somewhere in your instance. I just did a test with eZ Platform 2.5.0.
The message I got is Draft of the Content Type 'Subscribe' already exists and is locked by 'Yura Rajzer'
You should have the name of the user who is editing the content type. Mine is Yura Rajzer. In your case you have username… Maybe a user that has been deleted. I don’t know how to solve this.

I think @Plopix had a similar issue recently. Maybe he can help you.

Hey Sylvain, thanks for the answer, I actually have the names of me and my coworker in the message.
I replaced them in the example.

My coworker was able to edit the Content Types and discard the drafts.
I wasn’t able though on my side until after she discarded the drafts, even with the one I had locked myself,

So, I’m not really sure what fixed this.
What happens if somebody locks a draft and then gets deleted from the application?

Happy that you solved your issue.

What happens if somebody locks a draft and then gets deleted from the application?
I just tested this use case. You will get the following error:
Draft of the Content Type 'test delete' already exists and is locked by 'another user'. Please be careful the time we improve the draft management of content types.